Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The War on Terrorism

At first all Americans supported the War on Terrorism. Our government said that it was the greatest threat to the world in our lifetimes. They said that no effort was too great.

Donations to groups with ties to terrorism became felonies. At first this was just Arab organizations but before long PETA was labeled terroristic and then the Quakers.

Speech opposing government policy was deemed aid and comfort to the enemy.

The prison population swelled. Private prisons became the number two industry, right behind the military complex.

I can't afford my taxes but I'm afraid to say anything.

1 comment:

  1. Right on the money. Wow, Eric! May I post this on my fb page...w/ your name of course. There are some of my friends that would really enjoy your drabble.

    ReplyDelete